- Liz Ortiz
I loved experiencing all four seasons while growing up in Michigan. My favorite season has always been fall. I love this season. I enjoy seeing the tree leaves change color and all the different fall activities and decorations. Although I am not in Michigan for this season, Quebec has not let me down for fall! The language school participated in a special fall activity. We went apple picking at a local orchard. It was a fun outing and we got to enjoy some freshly made apple pie at the end of our trip! I am thankful that God has me at the language school in Quebec for this season. It has been breathtaking to take in the beauty of God’s creation as the trees change colors here.
I am thankful for Wednesdays. Every Wednesday morning, there is a chapel service on campus. All of the staff, Bible school students, and language school students come together to worship our God. The Bible school students do a great job leading worship. What a beautiful time praising our Savior with my brothers and sisters in Christ (in French of course)! I also have a Bible class where I learn Biblical vocab and memorize scripture in French. One of my favorite parts of Wednesday is the ladies prayer time. The language school ladies gather for a time of a devotional and prayer. My heart is always encouraged on Wednesdays.
Having a van has been a huge blessing. I have been able to take students to church and other places. It has been a great ministry tool that I am grateful for! During the week-long fall break, I drove a few students up to Quebec City. We stayed with some missionaries who were former language school students. It was great to catch up with them and to see them in ministry. I also got to explore Old Quebec City with my friend Kendall. What a beautiful city and fun day!
Classes are going well. I can hardly believe that there is only a month before the Christmas break. I will be flying home on December 16th to spend the holidays with my family. I am looking forward to this break and spending quality time with my loved ones. On January 9th , I will fly back to Quebec and begin the intermediate French level. Thank you for coming along on this journey with me. Your prayers, love, support, and encouragement mean so much to me.
● Pray for my visa to be approved for renewal.
● Pray that I would not be anxious about French
● Pray for my sister-in-law Sarah-Ashley, she is due on December 9th with a baby girl
● Pray for my dad, he is not doing very well. His latest MRI shows progression in his MS which leads to greater pain, loss of energy, and confusion.
● Pray for safe travels back to Michigan on December 16th
● Pray for language school students as we prepare for final exams in a few weeks.
● Pray for patience as I study and learn the French language.
● Pray for an ASL interpreter for Togo – big opportunity for one!
● Pray for more opportunities for me to practice signing.
● Praise God for my van, what a blessing it has been!
● Praise God for the seasons!
● Praise God for a good fall break
● Praise God for the wonderful community here at Parole de Vie.
● Praise God for all my wonderful partners!
● Praise God that Jonas is doing well in school