Last First Day of French Language School!
“Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday, dear Papa Bear! Happy birthday to you!” The room was filled with laughter and clapping. It was a great day celebrating my dad’s birthday. All my brothers and their families were there. It felt good to be all together. We ate ice cream cake, looked at old family photos, and told stories. I’m happy that I was able to be home for a few weeks and create memories like this with my family.
It was a blessing to be home. I was able to sort through my belongings and donate things in preparation for my move to Togo in January. It was nice being back at my home church and reconnecting with many there. I enjoyed catching up with friends and loving on my family. It was a busy and good time to be home.
August 24th , I flew back to Québec to begin my last semester of language school. For fun, I decided to recreate a first day of school picture from when I was in preschool. It hardly seems real that it is my final semester. In less than 5 months I will be moving to Togo. For almost 4 years I have been working to return to Togo. Now, I’m almost there! This December, I will have been in Québec for two years. Will you please pray that I end my time here well? I have made lots of friends and memories in Québec. It will be hard to say goodbye. However, I am excited for the next step God has for me in this journey!
The new Bible school and language school students arrived. It has been fun meeting and getting to know the new students. We took the annual staff and student photo. I am looking forward to learning, growing, and doing life with this group. I am incredibly grateful for my Parole de Vie family and my time here. Thank you for your prayers and encouragement on this journey!
· Pray that I end my time in Québec well.
· Pray for wisdom as I am preparing for the move to Togo in January
· Pray for the new Bible and Language school students as they begin class
· Pray that I would not be anxious about French
· Pray for Léonie and me as we share an apartment
· Pray for patience and diligence as I study and learn the French language.
· Pray for an ASL interpreter for Togo – big opportunity for one!
· Praise God for good and quality time in Michigan with friends and family!
· Praise God for the start of my final semester of language school!
· Praise God that I made it back to Québec!
· Praise God for the apartment!
· Praise God for progress in the language
· Praise God for the wonderful community here at Parole de Vie.
· Praise God for all my wonderful partners!