The school year is off to a great start. During the first week of classes, the Bible school and language school ladies were invited over to the home of a staff member. There we enjoyed a meal, fellowshipping with one another, and getting to know the female staff of Parole de Vie. It was an encouraging and fun evening. Will you pray for the Bible school and language school students and staff as we grow in our faith and do life together at Parole de Vie?
The weekends are good opportunities to spend time with friends. One weekend, I took a group of language and Bible school students to explore the downtown of Sherbrooke. It is a beautiful city. I love living here. We enjoyed walking around downtown and checking out different shops. One thing that is cool about Sherbrooke is that in the middle of the downtown is a big waterfall! There is even a bridge so you can walk over it! It was fun walking across it with the students and enjoying the view.
Another weekend, I took some of the language school students out for a Canada specialty, poutine. You might be wondering what is poutine? It is a Canadian dish made up of French fries with brown gravy and cheese curds. It may not look pretty, but it is delicious! It was the first time that the language school students tried it. They agreed that it is delicious!
Classes are going well. There is more work for the class than my other semesters, but it is going well. I have a couple big things coming up. On October 23 rd , I will be sharing a devotional in French with the Bible school students. Next month, I will be sharing my testimony during our weekly chapel. Please pray for me as I prepare for these things and that I communicate well in French.
It seems strange to me that I am nearing the end of my time here in Quebec. I am thankful for my time here. My pray is that I can end my time here well as I prepare for the next chapter. Thank you for your prayers, encouragement, and support on this journey. I appreciate you.
· Pray that on October 23 rd , the devotional time will go well as I share in French.
· Pray that I will prepare well for sharing my testimony next month.
· Pray that I end my time in Québec well.
· Pray for wisdom as I am preparing for the move to Togo in January
· Pray for the Bible and Language school students
· Pray that I would not be anxious about French
· Pray for Léonie and me as we share an apartment
· Pray for patience and diligence as I study and learn the French language.
· Pray for an ASL interpreter for Togo – big opportunity for one!
· Praise God for encouraging time with the Bible and language school students!
· Praise God for the start of my final semester of language school!
· Praise God for the apartment!
· Praise God for progress in the language
· Praise God for the wonderful community here at Parole de Vie.
· Praise God for all my wonderful partners!