The morning was filled with much anticipation. I was getting on a plane in Pennsylvania and going to Minnesota. I had been wanting to make this trip ever since I got back from Togo at the end of 2019. But then COVID happened and my plans were postponed, so I was looking forward with much excitement to hug my grandparents and loved ones I hadn't seen in years. I was greeted at the airport with a big hug from my Uncle Ron, and I'm sure I was grinning from ear to ear!
What was extra special about this trip was that my family was able to join me as well! It had been a long time since we had all been on trip together. There was lots of laughter and memories made. We drove over to North Dakota to stay with my grandparents for a few days. Along the way, we stopped to visit with my great aunts. How wonderful it was be together again. I’m grateful I was able to take this trip. It was worth the wait.
Earlier this month, I was able to be a part of the “Digital Asset Management Summit” at ABWE. It was led by Stanley Leary, who is one of the instructors for the Storytellers Aboard Workshops that I have participated in. He also came over to Togo while I was there, and Hannah (another missionary) and I were able to assist him on a video project. It was great to connect with Stanley again. I’m excited for the discussions that took place during the Summit and I am hopeful on the next steps to take place.
I have a Jonas update! Recently, my friend Christy was able to visit Jonas at his home. He is doing well. He attended Summer school, and will begin the new school year soon. Christy also informed me that the public deaf school that I had connected with had been researching the area where I lived. They found a small deaf population nearby. They have decided to start another public deaf school near where I lived! The Christian school is helping to build some benches for them. How great is that! I can’t wait to go back to Togo!
It has been a busy month of traveling for training, visiting family, and speaking at a church. I am thankful for the busyness, and am incredibly grateful for the opportunities. Thank you for coming along on this journey with me. Your prayers, words of encouragement and support mean so much to me. I am currently at 73% of my monthly support! Praise the Lord! I am so close to 100%! Please continue to pray for this need as the Lord provides. Interested in partnering in this ministry? Let me know! I would love for you to be a part of the team.
● Pray that I will be diligent in my “Methods of Bible Study Course”. I’m hoping to finish it soon!
● Pray for wisdom and that things would go well as I begin applying for language school and visas.
● Pray for the new public deaf school starting near where I lived and that there would be opportunities for the Gospel.
● Pray for T that the Lord would open his eyes to the gospel as I lead him
through the “Story of Hope”.
● Pray for an ASL interpreter for Togo – big opportunity for one!
● Pray for more opportunities for me to practice signing.
● Pray for additional partners for my ministry.
● Praise God for 73% of my monthly support!
● Praise God for 86% of my one-expenses! (outfit and passage)
● Praise God for travel safety over these last couple of months.
● Praise God for the new public deaf school near where I lived!
● Praise God that Jonas has finished another school year. He is doing well.